Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Free image sites are a way to get your work out and known!


There are no usage restrictions for this photo. It is one of my favorite things to read! That is what is under some of the images I find and use at the SXC.hu site.
I made this banner and many many more with images that I find at different sites around the net. I want to thank all the photographers around the world that give their great images for use by many people!

I used this gents self portrait http://www.sxc.hu/photo/486624 for the above banner and a huge amount of pictures from the SXC.hu and the morgue file went into an ebook called "Your Guide to Digital Photography".
One of the best ways to build a portfolio is to submit your images to a free image site. Most photography sites have forums and blog space that build communities of talented people. These communities can help a novice pick up tips that can be invalueable. For the professional these sites can lead traffic to your own portfolio. Allowing people to use one or two good images can be a grand sales tool. As a designer I know this as a fact. If I see a photo on a site that I can use over and over I often go to the photographers linked site to see what else is available.
I am glad these sites exist and are around to help designer and photographer....Again THANKS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home